Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weekly events and etc.

I know my blog is slowly but surely diminishing into nothingness. Each day seems like there are fewer and fewer hours to get things done. Between my lengthy commute, full days with the girls and attempting to get 6 hours of sleep each night, I don't have time to think about blogging, much less do it! I'm trying to squeeze it in whenever possible, but I find that I'm super scatterbrained and can't focus on what to write about- so much happens within the time span of one week!

Here's a tiny run-down of our week so far:

Monday spent a few hours at the pool ( typical day) and played a few games of checkers. I lost every. single. one. ( they're kinda like little champions). We also painted our finger nails with glow in the dark nail polish. Now our nails glow a nice, alien green during bedtime :).

Today we painted wooden picture frames and took photos to fill them with. Maddy painted a very festive ladybug, complete with matching hat and legs. Abby painted a purple butterfly, and I did a bright red flower. It's amazing to me how creative the kids are. They are so talented and creative! We also played the game of Spoons about 7 times ( I actually won this one).

Tomorrow we are going to make popsicles out of fruit juice.

I love the fact that days are so spontaneous with children. Though their attention spans are sometimes very short, they always exude excitement and such a thrill for life. Being a full time nanny has taught me so much so far, but mostly it's taught me that I really want to be a mother someday. There is nothing I enjoy more than caring for kids and loving on them. Kids are way more entertaining than any top rated television show or movie. If only I could keep a book of their quotes, I would never have a dull moment in life!

I think it's so surprising and funny how quickly my perspective changed from that of a child's to a mother's . A child's question is always "why not?" Why not eat a cupcake before dinner? Why not do an awesome backdive off the bed? I notice myself constantly saying, "what if?" What if you get a tummy ache? What if you break your head? What if, what if, what if. I've found that if I'm not saying "what if" then I'm jumping five feet across the floor trying to fix the catastrophe at hand. Being a mom must be so stressful! But I imagine that it is also tremendously rewarding.  Though I've only had my job for about seven months, I've learned a lifetime of motherhood lessons. All the experience has me trembling at the thought of raising my own kids, but also shrieking inside with excitement about how much fun it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment