Sunday, March 20, 2011

Scripture Sundays:

My Pastor talked about this verse this morning and it really stuck with me. It was one of those aha moments when you've heard something a thousand times but for some reason you never actually understood it until now. I hope it does the same for you:
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Typically when hearing this verse, I think about unsaved people, how those who don't know Christ and have sinned against Him will not have eternal life. My pastor pointed out that we all sin (like duh), even Christians, and our "wages" for our sins are death too. Like: death of happiness, death of our joy, death of contentment, death of love.
When we chose to sin against God, we are choosing to be punished! Though we will still go to heaven to be with Him, we chose to make our lives here on earth miserable and tiring. Be inspired to live for Him!


1 comment: