Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thank God for Haagen- Dazs


I finally forced down some frozen yogurt today: Haagen Dazs coffee flavored. The taste was so yummy, but it didn't make up for the stress of trying to swallow it. Tomorrow will be a week from my surgery, but it doesn't feel like it's been that long. I felt so completely amazing while in the hospital- I was ready to talk and laugh all night! Apparently the anesthesia doesn't wear off for about 24 hours so I was still really doped up. I told the nurse that if they gave me some of what I was on for recovery that I would be just fine! The nurses laughed at me. I see why, now. This recovery has been pretty hard, and this morning was horrible. My mom has slowly been trying to ease me off the the Lortab (apparently it's addictive or something?!?) but I'm in a crazy amount of pain and not ready to stop the meds yet. Even though the recovery has been pretty grueling ( and it's not even over yet) and hard, it has had it's upsides:
- Lots more jacuzzi time!
- Losing down to 105 lbs. ( Now before you freak out on me, know that as soon as I start eating again those 10 pounds will come back faster than you can blink. I can assure you.)
- Having a lot more time to spend reading. I've read so much of A Woman After God's Own Heart lately, and it's been such a blessing to me. I've really had time to concentrate on my life and really analyze what is going on, what has happened, and why I think things have happened. I've really changed my perspective a lot on who God wants me to be, and I'm going to strive to constantly keep his view in perspective.
- I get to enjoy Haagen-Dazs without the horrible guilt that comes after eating a full pint.
- I have gotten to catch up on my sleep ( not that I was really behind).

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment