Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Frugalness


                                                          via


After leaving the grocery store $65.00 less and with only a handful of groceries, I decided it was time I did something about it. I asked my mom for some tips (she is like a coupon queen), and starting doing some research myself. After scouting the papers and creating a book full of coupons, I'm excited to see how much my first big trip will add up to be. I've always used little coupons for things I find too expensive, but I've never brought a whole stack ( more than 4) to the store at once, too much planning I thought. Yesterday I went to CVS and purchased $17.00 worth of merchandise, only to pay about $4.00 for it! I used about 4 coupons. I'm nothing like those avid couponers on Extreme Couponing, but someday I'd like to be! They feed their entire families for free, and then have some to donate and save for later. If you haven't seen that show- go watch it. It will should inspire you beyond belief. It comes on TLC on Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. :). I'm hoping that this week's groceries will equal around $32.00 ( half of what I typically spend).

No comments:

Post a Comment